News & Events
Celebrate – a – Life at the Semiahmoo Shopping Centre. Stop by and hang a dove on our Memorial Tree.
Are you dreading Christmas without your loved one? We are here to help.
Do you know a teen who is dealing with the loss of someone? We are having a drop-in info session on December 7th with pizza, pop and snacks. Call or email to register. No commitment needed and free!
Registered Clinical Counsellor (White Rock/South Surrey, BC) Perm – F/T
The Peace Arch Hospice Society cares for individuals and families who are facing advanced illness, death, and bereavement. We are a community based non-profit organization. Peace Arch Hospice Society staff strive to meet the emotional and spiritual needs of the individual and his or her loved ones. The Society requires a Registered Clinical Counsellor who has experience working with individuals, families and groups. The candidate must have sound knowledge in the areas of hospice palliative care and bereavement, as well as group facilitation and teaching experience. Flexibility with respect to hours is required for occasional evening and weekend work. M.A. in Counselling Psychology or related field required as well as valid insurance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge and understanding of the philosophy of hospice palliative care and the needs of the dying, their families and the bereaved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the grief process, anticipatory grief, compounded grief, complicated grief, and traumatic loss.
- Master’s level of education: MA Clinical Psychology or MSW.
- A valid BC Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle.
- Member of BCACC as a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) or member of BCCSW as a Registered Clinical Social Worker (RCSW).
- Successful completion of a Criminal Records Check.
- Provide grief and end-of-life counselling to individuals and families of all ages.
- Review referrals, assessments and maintain clinical and statistical records.
- Serve as consult to the Fraser Health Palliative Care Team.
- Support volunteers in all areas of their work for the Society.
- Liase with and make referrals to other care providers in the community.
- Facilitate support groups.
- Community outreach in support of hospice programs and services.
- Provide clinical expertise, education, training and support to volunteers, community organizations, other health care providers and the public.
- Ability to develop working relationships with clients
- Ability to organize and facilitate support groups
- Ability to work with children and teens
- Ability to establish and maintain a confidential environment
- Sensitivity to issues related to end-of-life, loss and grief
- Ability to work in a hospital environment
- Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to work independently
- Ability to represent the Hospice Society in the community
- Knowledge of local community resources and referral processes
Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Salary range: $25-$30 per hour depending on experience. Benefits package after probationary period.
Please email your resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Attention to Administration.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Christmas is fast approaching and what a great way to get into the holiday spirit by visiting 6 homes beautifully decorated by local designers! Buy your tickets soon as they are going fast!
Where to Find Us
Peace Arch Hospice Society
Supportive Care Centre
15435 16a Ave Surrey, BC V4A 1T2
Tel. 604-531-7484 Fax. 604-531-8101
Peace Arch Hospice Society Thrift Store
Unit 2A - 15562 24th Avenue Surrey, BC V4A 2J5 Tel: 604-538-7600
|Mon. – Fri.||10am – 5pm|
|Saturday||10am – 4pm|
|Closed Sundays & Statutory Holidays|
Peace Arch Hospice Society
15435 - 16A Avenue, South Surrey
British Columbia, Canada V4A 1T2
Tel. 604-531-7484 | Fax. 604-531-8101